Friday, April 03, 2009

Gleaming Ghazals

Views

This is a classic Ghazal from Pakistani film Doraha(1967) and this particular song was composed by Ghazal Maestro Mehdi Hassan. The tune, structure sounds very familiar to me and upon repeated measured listening started singing ore naal... unnai naan.. incidentally. I thought it could be based on a similar raaga which I am a zippo for such comparisons. What caught my attention is that there are lots of allegation Shivaji's track "Sahana Saaral thoovudhu" to this could also be inspired and based on similar raaga. To my surprise the picturization of Shivaji's braggart version also has a striking similarity in terms of picturization, sets, serial lights, Piano, geometrical shapes of Glass frames, Grill designs, crystals, jewelleries luckybamboo, greeneries but Shreya, duet, chorus dance totally dismisses those similarities . ARR's piano interlude & alaaps. CHESS Board and Coins :)



I have checked Ore naal picturization also if you give a close look camera focus steadily on roof lights, grill designs, restaurant table, geometrical shapes like rectangle glass frames, circle nila/sun rays, triangular beach stands, tall posted lamps Atleast to me....



Fine, Irrespective of those similarities exist or not I am glad to find this awesome sountrack Doraha composed by Suhail Rana and get to know more about Ghazals - Mehdi Hassan & other counterparts. Check this song ...



some more : Hain Isi Mod per

This is their next film Armaan : Betaab Ho Udhar Tum

Beautiful!!

No comments: