Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Fathers Journal!

Views

While I was playing karka karka music & video back to back, I noticed some cartoon boxed flashes possibly a inspired opening theme/music/video of those manga series. They are countlesss in genre and baadhala surangam for different scripts and music.

Okay! Lets assume Innocent until proven guilty. But My google search helped me to solve those japanese mystery straight away. Have a look at it


My Fathers Journal by TANIGUCHI Jiro


This is a very quiet manga, in which a son attends his father's funeral and reflects on what his father means to him. Some of these reflections are childhood flashbacks, and they reveal different aspects of the father-son relationship. I found these flashbacks very moving, but I also found them interesting from a historical point of view -- it's like a glimpse into a Japan of a different generation.




Now I have to get the soundtrack. Thats very close indeed :)

2 comments:

Scale said...

further discussions on mayyam.com

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1694959#1694959

Scale said...

'E' adichaan kaapi. I thought that was stagnant even in my school days.